These days reference is always made to things that naturally exist on our planet which can be used to help man to live easier and better in his natural environment. We constantly hear of solar power, water power, fossil fuel, as opposed to mechanically driven inventions. And of course we also hear of natural remedies for erectile dysfunction, that embarrassing and debilitating condition that robs man of his manhood! Want to hear some more? Read on.
The days of ED are numbered
The most exciting thing to know is that erectile dysfunction can no longer be regarded as a long term condition. The reason for this is that efficacious medications are available now that can prevent ED from becoming a long-term condition.
Another point to note is that which there’re also plenty of natural remedies for erectile dysfunction, there are certain risks involved and one need to be very careful and selective in using natural remedies. That said, here are some natural remedies for erectile dysfunction.
ED Remedies that nature provides
- Horny goat week (epimedium) – It’s believed that this herb contains substances that can improve sexual performance. However the effects of this natural remedy haven’t been studied in people and some suspect that it may impact heart function.
- L-arginine – There is evidence to show thatwhen taken in high doses, L-arginine does improve erectile dysfunction by making blood vessels dilate (expand), allowing more blood flow to the penis. L-arginine side effects are mild but can sometimes include diarrhea and nausea. This natural remedy should be taken with Viagra a prescribed drug for treating ED.
- Yohimbine – this natural remedy for erectile dysfunction is found in an African tree bark and is regarded as one of the most difficult to use when compared to all other natural remedies. Some believe that Yohimbine can improve a type of erectile dysfunction type that’s linked with a drug taken for treating depression. Studies have found that this natural remedy is linked to side effects including anxiety, increased blood pressure and a fast irregular heartbeat. It’s advisable that a doctor is consulted before this natural remedy is used.
- Propionyl-L carnitine – it has been shown in studies that when combined with Viagra, this natural remedy can actually improve erectile function more that when Viagra is taken by its own. From all indications, it is a safe natural remedy to use but it should be used only under the supervision of a doctor.
- Ginseng – it’s a fact that there are several types of ginseng available that can be used both as a remedy and a tonic. Many ginseng plants have proved themselves capable of having a positive effect on ED. Nevertheless, some ginseng plant species have shown negative side effects that include insomnia.
- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) – some evidence exist to suggest that this natural remedy called DHEA increases the sex urge or libido in women and that it also creates a positive effect on men suffering from ED. While it’s safe when taken in low doses, it may result in the appearance ofacne.
- Ginkgo – it’s possible that this natural remedy can increase blood flow to the penis and as such, could improve sexual urge or libido. Even so, this dietary supplement may increase the risk of bleeding. People who are taking medication for thinning blood or who suffer from bleeding conditions should consult their doctor first before they actually start taking gingko.
Changes in lifestyles
In addition to the above natural remedies ED is also sensitive to a change in a person’s lifestyle, for instance if a person starts doing certain activities such as exercising or lack of it, ED responds in a positive or negative way.
It’s common sense then for people to first make changes in their lifestyles before they opt to take medication or fall back onto natural remedies for curing their erectile dysfunction. Here are some of them:
- Sexual activities – taking part in sexual activities especially those that engage in stimulating actions that achieve even a partial erection can have a really positive impact on your erectile dysfunction. The main reason here is that when a person with ED is stimulated, the increased blood flow induced by the stimulation can increase a positive effect over time.
- Regular exercising – it’s well proven that exercising has a significant positive impact on a person’s general health condition. Exercising improves blood flow to all parts of the body including the penis. It reduces blood pressure permitting blood to flow smoothly and easily through the arteries and other blood vessels. All these positive results of exercising reduce the risk of developing or having erectile dysfunction.
- Stress reducing – When a man suffers from intense stress, his sexual performance can be impaired. There are so many stress generating factors in our lives today that it’s near impossible for people to escape its clutches. Work at the office is stressful and so a financial matter as well as relationships with the boss, work colleagues and at home with the family. Reducing stress is on step closer to treating erectile dysfunction.
- Healthy diet – this lifestyle change is akin to exercising in that the consumption of a healthy diet can be instrumental in reducing the risk of heart disease, clogging of arteries and diabetes, all of which are known underlying factors that cause ED issues.
- Quit smoking and reduce alcohol consumption – these two lifestyles greatly contribute to the occurrence of health risks in many people which also include the appearance of erectile dysfunction. By reducing or totally eliminating these two habits from your lifestyle can result in helping to stop your ED problems altogether.
Even before you embark on a path to cure your erectile dysfunction (if you are a sufferer) by medical means it’s worthwhile to explore what exists in nature that may also help you in curing your ED condition. It’s also wise to turn to your own lifestyle, ascertain which ones can increase the risk of erectile dysfunction in your own life and try to stop them. Remember also that contact with your doctor and a reliable online pharmacist or drugstore is highly important.