When a drug medication can start doing its job quickly after being ingested, it’s the best result a man can hope for especially when he’s suffering from the embarrassment of erectile dysfunction. A man however, has to play a part in the overall success of this drug medication especially in knowing the key factors that make the medication a successful treatment. Let’s delve into what “Sildenafila” is and what role you need to play to make it an effective medication.
Specific information about “Sildenafila”
This drug medication is used mainly for the treatment of erectile dysfunction and it does this by increasing the volume of blood flow to the penis so that a man can have an erection.
Actual use and experience by about two thirds of all the men who’ve used the drug support that claim that these men had much improved erections after taking the drug.
Sometimes, this drug medication has also been used for the treatment of pulmonary hypertension also known as high blood pressure within the blood vessels that supply blood to the lungs.
The main requirement for this drug medication is its availability only under prescriptions and it can be purchased from most pharmacies.
The key facts about “Sildenafila”
Important facts about this medication include the following:
- Usually, this drug mediation takes about 30 to 60 minutes to do its work on your erectile dysfunction condition and it’s possible for you to take it up to 4 hours before you engage in sex activity.
- Taking this drug medication by itself won’t solve you erectile dysfunction issue. You must be sexually aroused before it can go into action.
- For some user, the most common side effects include dizziness, headaches, sick feeling and facial hot flushes. For others, the side effects are only minor or none at all.
- Normally, taking this drug medication is beneficial. However, it’s not safe to take if you are also taking nitrates (usually for treating chest pains). It is dangerous to combine these two drugs as it can cause a significant fall in your blood pressure. Ask your doctor or pharmacist about the effect of nitrates on this medication.
- “Sildenafila” can be called by the brand name Viagra (for treating ED) or Revatio (for treating pulmonary hypertension.
Can anyone take “Sildenafila?”
This drug medication can be taken as Viagra by men aged 18 and over for treating erectile dysfunction.
For pulmonary hypertension, this drug medication can be taken as Revatio by adults and children aged 1 and over.
Unfortunately, this drug medication is not available for some people to take.
You shouldn’t take “Sildenafila” if you:
- Recently had a stroke or a heart attack
- Have a serious liver or heart problem
- Are taking nitrates as medication for treating your chest pain
- Have an allergic reaction to this medication
- Have low blood pressure
- Suffer from an inherited eye disease called retinitis pigmentosa
You should consult your doctor before you take this medication if you:
- Are suffering from sickle cell anaemia (abnormality of red blood cells), leukemia(blood cells cancer) or multiple myeloma (cancer of bone marrow)
- Have a deformed penis or Peyronie’s disease(curved penis)
- Suffer from a heart problem. Your doctor should carefully check whether your heart can take on extra strain for having sex.
- Suffer from stomach ulcer or a bleeding issue such as haemophilia
Where you can obtain “Sildenafila”
Discussed below are some of the places where you might obtain this drug medication
The National Health Service (NHS)
You should find out if you can get your regular supply of this drug medication for treating your erectile dysfunction or pulmonary hypertension.
You should know that you can’t obtain brand versions of the medication such as Viagra on the NHS but only in exceptional circumstances.
Your doctor can make up a private prescription of this medication for you. This of course means you have to meet all the costs of the medication.
You should note that if this is the case, then know that prices vary.
You can also buy “Sildenafila” from a pharmacy after discussing your situation with the pharmacist.
They are sure to ask you some questions about your general health to make sure it’s safe for you to take the drug medication. You can also discuss the possible side effects that can be caused from taking the medication.
If the pharmacist finds any good reason to indicate that the drug medication may not be safe for your health, they may advise you to visit your doctor.
It’s also possible to buy this drug medication over the internet. When you use this method, be careful where you buy your medication because many websites sell face versions of medications.
It’s unfortunate but true that medications sold online are not always regulated and the ingredients may be different for one pack to another. This increases the risk of getting side effects or the medication may not good for you.
The best way to deal with this issue is to consult your doctor before you decide to purchase your medication online. They have your medical detail and are in a better position to tell you whether or not you will benefit from the treatment.
If you opt to purchase either “Sildenafila” or Viagra online, make sure that the:
- Online pharmacy is registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Online doctor service is registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- All doctors are registered with the General Medical Council (GMC)
How much and when to take “Sildenafila” doses
As always, the best way to take this medication is precisely as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
How much for erectile dysfunction?
Medication tablets for the treatment of erectile dysfunction range from 25mg to 100mg.
The common dose is 50mg, when you need it but not more than once a day.
This dose can be increased to 100mg or decreased to 25mg depending on the effect of the dose.
You can take this medication up to 4 hours before you engage in sexual activity but you need to be sexually stimulated for the medication to work effectively.
How much for pulmonary hypertension?
Medication tablets for treating pulmonary hypertension are available in 10mg and 20mg tablets.
The normal dose is 20mg that’s taken 3 times a day.
Children doses may range from 10mg to 20mg taken 3 times daily, in line with the weight of each child.
If both you and your child are taking the medication in liquid form, a dose of 1ml is similar to taking a tablet, but you need to check the medication label for exact directions.
Your pharmacist will normally prepare your liquid medication which will usually arrive with a syringe or spoon to assist you in taking the correct amount of liquid medication.
If you have no plastic syringe or spoon, ask your pharmacist for one and you should avoid using a normal kitchen teaspoon as it won’t give you the correct amount.
It comes as no surprise that one of the most sought after information about “Sildenafila” is the time it takes for it to do its work in treating erectile dysfunction. However, as can be expected, the role of the medication is intertwined with so many other factors and events that discussions have included many areas affected by this very popular medication and we’ve tried to include them in this article. We truly hope you’ve enjoyed the reading.