When we are confronted with a serious problem such as erectile dysfunction or when we know that a really good cure for it is available, we are definitely going to ask: Can I take Sildenafil Every Day? The answer of course is a yes, but there are other conditions which must be observed when taking Sildernafil which includes strictly following directions given by your doctor.
Sildenafil is a prescribed medication
The normal requirement for using sildenafil as a medical treatment is that it must be prescribed by a doctor. This of course means that the taking of the medication must be done according to directions as prescribed by a doctor.
Because sildenafil is used for treating erectile dysfunction or impotence which involves an inability on the part of men to achieve and maintain a state of penile erection for sexual activity, the application of the treatment must conform to the directions given.
A more moderately priced but similar drug to Viagra (Sildernafil) called Revatio has been used for improving the ability of adults with pulmonary arterial Hypertension (PAH) to perform exercises. High blood pressure in vessels carrying blood to the lungs is the cause of this condition causing fatigue, shortness of breath and dizziness.
Normally, sildenafil is not given to children except on the directions of a doctor who can decide in favour of a child taking sildenafil (Revatio) as the right medication.
Sildenafil is prescribed for the treatment of erectile dysfunction which has the ability of increasing blood flow to the penis when arousal by stimulation is exercised thereby causing an erection to take place. In the case of PAH patients, sildenafil relaxes the blood vessels in the lungs to allow blood to flow freely.
It’s always prudent to keep in mind that sildenafil on its own does not induce an erection or maintain it ro boost sexual desire. It also doesn’t prevent pregnancy or the spread of STDs such as HIV.
Standard procedures for taking Sildenafil treatment
These are the medically approved methods of taking your Sildenafil medication:
- You should not take your Sildenafil treatment whether in pill or tablet form more than once within a 24 hour period.
- For sexual activity the most appropriate time for you to be taking your sildenafil is about 1 hour before you actually get involved in the sexual act.
- For various reasons that may interfere with taking your treatment, you may take your medication at any time from 4 hours or 30 minutes before you take part in sexual activity.
- If you’ve been diagnosed with other diseases for which you are also taking medications, your doctor may direct you to take your sildenafil medication less often.
- It is permissible to take your sildenafil medication with or without food but if you enjoy a meal that’s rich in fat, it will take longer for the treatment to start working in your body.
Generic uses of Sildenafil for treating a variety of conditions
Treatment for erectile dysfunction
If you happen to be on sildenafil medication for erectile dysfunction the guidelines shown here and the directions given by your doctor should be sufficient for your purposes if you follow them:
- When you plan to have sex, take sildenafil before you actually engage in it.
- The most appropriate time for taking sildenafil is about 1 hour before sexual ability but as already mentioned elsewhere in this article, you can take the medication from 4 hours to half an hour before sexual activity.
- You should not take sildenafil more than once during a period of 24 hours or one day.
- Ask your doctor for directions if you are taking other medications for treating other conditions in addition to erectile dysfunction so that he may tell you what you should do.
- It’s possible to take sildenafil with or without food but avoid fat rich food which tend to slow down the work of the medication making it longer for sildenafil to kick in.
- Your doctor will most probably start you with a dose and increase or decrease it depending on your reaction to the treatment. Immediately tell your doctor if sildenafil is not achieving results for you or that side effects have started to appear.
Treating PAH with sildenafil
For PAH treatment with sildenafil, it’s always important to follow the directions and guidelines which your doctor has given to you as well as the following:
- Follow the directions and guidelines specified by your doctor.
- It’s possible you may take sildenafil 3 times a day with or without food
- Make sure you take you sildenafil medication at the same times each day 4 to 6 hours apart.
- Follow the directions provided on your prescription label very carefully and ask for explanations of parts you are uncertain about.
- Take your sildenafil precisely as directed and do not deviate from the directions given on the prescription label for any reason whatsoever.
- Make sure to shake the medication bottle thoroughly to achieve a good mix of the content and use the syringe provided for measuring and taking your dose. Follow the manufacturer’s directions about using and cleaning the syringe. Avoid mixing other medications with the liquid in the bottle.
- Don’t add any flavor to your bottled medication.
- You should always bear in mind that sildenafil is not a cure for PAH, but merely controls its intensity but never stop the medication even when you feel fine and don’t stop your medication without consulting your doctor first.
Special precautions prior to taking Sildenafil
Try to observe the following procedures before you actually take sildenafil treatment.
- If you are allergic to sildenafil, inform your doctor or online pharmacist straight away.
- Refrain from taking sildenafil if you recently took riociguat or nitrates.
- Avoid using street drugs that contain nitrates such as amyl nitrate and butyl nitrate (poppers) while taking sildenafil.
- Be familiar with the whole list of prescriptions and nonprescription medications, vitamins and nutritional supplements you are taking and tell your doctor and online pharmacist about them.
- Inform your doctor about herbal products you are taking or plan to take such as St. John’s wort.
- Tell your doctor about all the peculiar physical things that have happened and ask if you can be provided with a list of everything that the doctor may need to know about your health history.
- If you are a woman who is taking sildenafil for PAH, tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding and don’t forget to immediately call your doctor when you become pregnant while taking sildenafil.
- Tell all your health providers you are taking sildenafil, whether you’ve had heart problems and tell them when you last took sildenafil
Despite the fact that you now know the answer to the question: Can I take Sildenafil every day?, You’ve also discovered that there’s a host of other conditions that also limit your ability in taking Sildenafil to only one sildenafil tablet during a 24 hour period, no more no less. In doing so you’ll not only be kept safe but you will also allow Sildenafil to function properly and achieve its desired outcomes.